The holiday season is upon us and it is a great time to do some random acts of kindness. (I do it all year long but I know that the holidays helps us to think about others.)
It brightens someone’s day when we do small acts of kindness and even brightens your own day by doing it.
If someone does a random act of kindness to you, remember to always pay it forward!
Here is a list of 25 Random Acts of Kindness for the Holidays that you can do.
- Go through the Drive Thru in Tim Horton’s and pay for the order behind you. It will make someone’s day. (Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks if you are in the States)
- Help shovel your neighbours walkway and sidewalk. Also salt the stairs and walkway.
- Bake some deserts and send it and a card to a neighbour.
- Pick a name off the angel tree and donate a toy. (This is great to do with your children)
- Purchase pet supplies and drop it off at the animal shelter.
- Purchase socks and gloves and stop by the Men’s Mission or Women’s Shelter and donate them.
- Sign your donor card. (I am living proof that this is a great act of kindness.)
- See a person purchasing a product? Give them a coupon to help lower the cost.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Donate to the food bank things that you have in your cupboards.
- Send a random gift card in the mail to someone you know.
- Make freezer meals for a mom who is about to give birth or a new mom who is still trying to get use to a having a new baby. They will appreciate the fact that they don’t have to worry about supper for a few nights.
- Send a just because card in the mail for someone. Just letting them know that you are thinking of them and wishing them well is a sweet gesture.
- Bundle up the kids and go door to door singing Christmas Carols.
- Make an envelope of coupons of items you know someone uses and mail it to them.
- If your school has a breakfast club or snack club, find out what they need for it and donate some items.
- Surprise the teachers with a Tim Horton’s coffee box and a box of Tim Horton’s Tea for them to enjoy.
- Give your change to the Salvation Army kettle.
- Give your bus driver some bake goods and a card thanking them.
- Smile at people. Just something as a smile can make people feel good!
- If someone is trying to get out of a driveway. Stop your car and let them come out.
- Send a random text to a friend or family member to brighten their day. I often look up an inspirational meme or funny one to make them laugh if they are going through a tough time.
- Volunteer at your child’s school or offer to help with a local youth group.
- Donate to your favourite charity.
- If your friend is going through a tough time, show up with a cup of coffee or bring them some flowers so they will smile and lend a ear.
What Random Acts of Kindness do you like doing?Come follow me: