The holiday season is upon us and it is a great time to do some Random Act of Kindness for the Holidays. (I do it all year long but I know that the holidays helps us to think about others.)
Brighten someone’s day with small acts of kindness and even brightens your own day by doing it.
If someone does a random act of kindness to you, remember to always pay it forward!
Here is a list of 25 Random Acts of Kindness for the Holidays that you can do.
- Go through the Drive Thru in Tim Horton’s and pay for the order behind you. It will make someone’s day. (Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks if you are in the States)
- Help shovel your neighbours walkway and sidewalk. Also salt the stairs and walkway.
- Bake some deserts and send it and a card to a neighbour.
- Pick a name off the angel tree and donate a toy. (This is great to do with your children)
- Purchase pet supplies and drop it off at the animal shelter.
- Purchase socks and gloves and stop by the Men’s Mission or Women’s Shelter and donate them.
- Sign your donor card. (I am living proof that this is a great act of kindness.)
- See a person purchasing a product? Give them a coupon to help lower the cost.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Donate to the food bank things that you have in your cupboards.
- Send a random gift card in the mail to someone you know.
- Make freezer meals for a mom who is about to give birth or a new mom who is still trying to get use to a having a new baby. They will appreciate the fact that they don’t have to worry about supper for a few nights.
- Send a just because card in the mail for someone. Just letting them know that you are thinking of them and wishing them well is a sweet gesture.
- Bundle up the kids and go door to door singing Christmas Carols.
- Make an envelope of coupons of items you know someone uses and mail it to them.
- If your school has a breakfast club or snack club, find out what they need for it and donate some items.
- Surprise the teachers with a coffee basket or tea basket.
- Give your change to the Salvation Army kettle.
- Give your bus driver some bake goods and a card thanking them.
- Smile at people. Just something as a smile can make people feel good!
- If someone is trying to get out of a driveway. Stop your car and let them come out.
- Send a random text to a friend or family member to brighten their day. I often look up an inspirational meme or funny one to make them laugh if they are going through a tough time.
- Volunteer at your child’s school or offer to help with a local youth group.
- Donate to your favourite charity.
- If your friend is going through a tough time, show up with a cup of coffee or bring them some flowers so they will smile and lend a ear.
Which act of the Random Act of Kindness for the Holidays, do you like doing?
Like this post? Check out out Five Must See Christmas Movies
Come follow me: