Since receiving a kidney transplant, I have been eating better and enjoying more natural foods. I like making smoothies for us to enjoy and helping us get our daily fruit and vegetable intake.
The Breville Boss To Go™ Plus is a blender that should be in every home. I love that it comes with 2 (450ml) dual wall insulated cups and a (750ml) mega café-style tumbler with 3 travel lids. The lids give you a better drinking experience because it has a handle and you can close the drinking lid. It helps someone like me often spills their drinks while in the car, not to have to worry about them. They also fit in my cup holders which is a plus!
Key features of the Breville Boss To Go™ Plus:
- Kinetix® Blade and Bowl System with unique folding system.
- Central serrated blades that pull ingredients down, large curved sweeping blades rapidly turn ingredients into tiny particles.
- 2 x 450ml dual wall insulated cups with a smooth edge and lid.
- 1 x 750ml mega café-style tumbler
- Smooth rimmed cups without clips or threads for a nicer drinking experience.
- 3 Travel lids.
- 1 stainless steel milling and grinding container and lid.
- Overload protection.
- Appliance science and recipe book.
The Breville Boss To Go™ Plus has helped me with making some amazing smoothies for my family to enjoy. While I have a few recipes of my own of smoothies that I love, the Breville Boss To Go™ Plus comes with a recipe book that has a lot of great recipes for Smoothies, Smoothie Bowls, Milk Alternatives, Mocktails and Protein Boosters. The front of the book also gives you ideas on making your own smoothie recipe. I keep this book handy when making my grocery list so I what I need to purchase to make some of these great recipes.
I made my Summertime Pineapple Smoothie with the Breville Boss To Go™ Plus. It was easy to use, which I liked and made making this smoothie, a breeze!
First you add the ice and the yogurt together. Then blend until the ice is broken up.
Then place in the pineapple. (Don’t use as big as a measuring cup as I did. I had made a few smoothies that morning so I had a whole pineapple chopped up in there. )
Then blend again and enjoy! You can make the flavour more exotic by making ice from coconut water.
It is an easy to make recipe that can be enjoyed anytime. The best part is putting it in a travel cup allows you to take it on the go for your morning walk or for traveling to work.
The Breville Boss To Go™ Plus is so easy to operate that my 15 year old daughter, Hayley, was able to make her own smoothies. I also love that it is compact enough that it doesn’t take up a lot of cupboard space in my kitchen.
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks.
- Place ice cubes and yogurt in blender and blend until ice is broken apart. Then add the pineapple and blend until smooth.
- Place lid on cup and enjoy!
- You can also make ice cubes with coconut water to make it more like a tropical drink. I just used regular water ice cubes.