My girls have gone through many a baby dolls over the years and with my almost 1 year old granddaughter Devyn now; I’m sure they will be in my life for quite a few more years ! Devyn’s birthday isn’t far off so I was looking online for baby doll stuff.
Don’t get me wrong I’d spend the money if it was a good value but is it? How long before all the pieces are missing?
I had to get into “coupon frugal mode” ……AH!! I got it !
Get a wipes container (it works for the travel size wipes too) and add your own flare to it. Decorate it with the child’s favorite theme, etc . The scrapbook section at the Dollar store has stickers that have baby bottles, blocks, etc too 🙂 I have a babies receiving blanket here that has a few stains on it; I’m just going to cut blocks of cloth out around the stains. That way the baby doll can have soft wipes for her delicate plastic bum 🙂 Keep and extra one out with a ribbon for the babies facecloth !
These are pampers for a Real baby however they are for preemies; they fit perfect on the baby dolls! They sell for appox $4.99 for a package of 32 and due to them being Swaddlers you can use the Pampers Swaddlers coupons that is floating around for $4 and pay only $1 🙂
For the Canadian Basics Baby Kit project you will need:
- White child safe glue
- Food Coloring
- Empty baby item sample size bottles !
- Clear fingernail polish
These sample size baby containers are the same size as “special doll accessories” !
- The baby powder if you turn the top to open the holes, squeeze in some white glue and turn the dial. This will seal the holes and the top to prevent any “powder dust” doesn’t get into the child’s lungs.Apply a thin layer of clear fingernail polish across the top of the holes to seal it 🙂
- Baby wash, fill with water, add a drop of food coloring for realism. Ensure the top of the bottle and cover is completely dry. Apply glue to top and screw the top back on. Flip open the top and apply glue & close. Wipe off any extra glue. Apply a thin layer of clear finger nail polish around the flip top to seal it.
- Baby oil. Complete the same steps as you did for the baby wash, instead of using food coloring, put in a drop of vegetable oil; it gives the appearance of real oil.
- This can be done for any other baby sample size containers you have.
The Baby Needs Food!
You will need:
- Empty Food containers
- White glue child safe
- Clear Finger Nail Polish
For all the products shown below you will need:
- Clean container
- Drop in a small amount of uncooked rice ~ Kids love things that make sounds and well the real ones do~
- Glue tops & seal with a thin layer of clear finger nail polish to seal!
The baby need starter foods too ! Please ensure you ONLY use the Plastic containers~ do not use the glass ones!
A quick trip to the Dollar store and for approx $2 you can grab a plate,bowl and baby utensils!
The kids will have tons more fun with all these extra options. If you lose one don’t panic….check your recyclables! You can keep at set at home, one at Nannies house and even one at the babysitters!
Come follow me: