Today for my Five on Friday ~ 10/09/15, I am going to talk about five things I am thankful for to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this weekend!
- I am thankful for my husband. He has been a soldier by my side while I was fighting kidney failure. He is an amazing father to both our children. Even though he is gone through the week because he is a trucker, he always is a phone call away if any of us need him. He has even parented through the phone for the kids or lend a ear for them. We celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on the 4th of October.
- I am thankful for my children. They make me laugh, drive me a bit crazy and cheer me up. They are amazing children who always try to be good kids. I can’t wait to see what kind of adults they will be but also hope they don’t grow up too fast!
- I am thankful for my transplant donor. I don’t know my donor but he is my biggest hero. I think of him daily and think of his family who lost this young man. I can’t say enough about how important this stranger is to me. I will never meet him but I will always carry him in a special place of my heart. (Today is my 2 month post transplant anniversary! I have had no rejection so far and the kidney is working great! Hope this keeps up!!)
- I am thankful for my family and friends who have been by my side. Those that visited me in the hospital while I had my kidney transplant and those that cheered me on through the internet. I had people that I met online show me such compassion that I hope to be able to show them some day. My sister was really amazing. The night I had a transplant, she stayed by my side with my husband waiting for me to come out even though she had a birthday party for my niece the next day. I can never thank her enough.
- And as always a Canadian funny. I am thankful to be Canadian and live in this amazing country!
Check out these great bloggers for their Five on Friday: