With fall here, chicken noodle soup is a great meal to make up.
You can make it in batches and freeze it for a fast supper or easy lunch!
Check out this easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped chicken (a great time to use left over chicken)
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 1-1/3 cups sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in broth and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add water until all the ingredients are covered with liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread.
Come follow me: