Most of us don’t think about cleaning our washing machine because we assume that when we put laundry detergent in, that it would clean our washing machine. I mean after all if it cleans our clothes it should clean our machine.
Sadly, that isn’t the case. By cleaning your washing machine, you prevent weird stains on your clothes.
I usually remember to do this when I am doing my spring or fall cleaning.
It is very easy to do with a top loader and front loader.
- Select hot water setting. (also may be whites or stain)
- Select extra rinse setting.
- Add 3/4 cup of vinegar to the bleach dispenser or fill to max level.
- Allow the cycle to run until completed.
- To make sure the vinegar is completely gone manually select an additional rinse cycle if your machine doesn’t have an extra rinse setting.
- Start with setting your washer to the highest temperature, highest capacity and longest cycle.
- Add 4 cups of white vinegar and then close the lid.
- Allow the machine to mix the vinegar with the water for a few minutes.
- Then open the lid (so the machine will stop) and let it is sit for an hour.
- The vinegar will do its job and get rid of the bacteria in the washer. It will clean the hoses, nooks and crannies.
- After an hour is done allow the machine to run through to drain the vinegar. (also use vinegar in the bleach/fabric softener panel. Just wipe it down with vinegar to clean it out)
What is another way that you clean your washing machine?Come follow me: