How To Keep Vegetables Fresher Longer
Here are some easy kitchen hacks to keep your vegetables fresher for a longer period of time!
- Store onions, garlic and sharlots in paper bags with punch holes and labeled. ( you can do the holes yourself.) And store them in a cool dark place in the bags.
- Store potatoes in a paper bag in a dark cool area. Place an apple in the bag to prevent sprouts.
- Tomatoes need to be stored outside of the fridge. Place them in a paper towel lined bowl with stems facing up. Rotate them daily to prevent bruising. Away from sunlight or direct heating.
- Leafy Greens don’t last very long. Wrap unwashed greens in paper towel and place in plastic bag before putting it in the fridge. The paper towel will prevent excess moisture from causing them to rot faster.
- Refresh lettuce and herbs in an ice bath! If they look wilted in your fridge. Put them in the ice bath for a minute or two to make them look good as new!