A dear friend of mine is suffering with pregnancy morning sickness lately – and I feel so badly for her. I didn’t suffer with either one of my boys so I cannot relate but I don’t wish it on anyone.
I did a little research to find some natural remedies to help aid the morning nausea and tummy upset she feels ~ here’s what i found:
1. Vitamin B-6, taken as 25 mg every 8 hours, has been shown to have a significant effect in reducing or stopping nausea and vomiting.
2. Increase B-complex vitamins and iron intake. (Use a food based B-complex like Rainbow Light, and for iron Floridex Liquid Iron Formula. It’s all food-based and non constipating … good to take extra through entire pregnancy.)
3. Take zinc supplements, 25 mg per day
4. Get some brewer’s yeast. It’s high in B vitamins, and good sprinkled on grains such as brown rice.
5. Sip on some raspberry leaf, peppermint, or anise tea.
6. Cut or grate some ginger root and pour hot water over it, then drink as a tea.
7. Take ginger root in capsule form.
8. Drink flat, room temperature ginger brew or gingerale.
9. Chew on crystallized ginger.
10. Eat some ginger chews.
11. Take homeopathic tablets: Nux vomica 6X or ipecac 30x.
12. Make your own belly rub. Use 1 drop of peppermint oil to 3 drops camomile oil. Peppermint oil is stimulating so a little goes a long way … Place on a warm, damp towel, and rub your belly.
13. Eat a protein-rich snack before bed.
14. Go for a walk or enjoy some mild exercise to relieve hormonal activity.
15. Keep a box of crackers by your bed and eat a few before getting out of bed in the morning.
16. Avoid spicy, fried, rich, fatty, and greasy foods. Also avoid any caffeine or artificial sweeteners.
17. Get out of bed slowly.
18. Get plenty of fresh air.
19. Suck on 1 drop of peppermint oil on a sugar cube. (Or drop the entire sugar/oil concoction into your tea.)
20. Keep apple juice by the bed and sip through the night. This will help keep blood sugar stable.
24. Suck on lemon drops.
25. Drink brewer’s yeast and tomato juice with lemon.
26. Try to get a lot of rest! Being over tired makes morning sickness worse.
27. Drink lemonade.
28. Get acupuncture treatments. These have been really helpful in treating some ladies’ morning sickness.
29. Chew on fennel seeds.
Do you have any suggestions? Feel free to post them below ~ what worked for you and what did not?
Come follow me: