With the warmer weather here, it is nice to enjoy a cool glass of lemonade. I prefer real lemonade over the store bought kind. It is all natural and tastes better. You can try lowering the sugar amount so you don’t have as much sugar in it.
Sit on your back deck and enjoy this great recipe. You can even do this recipe and then blend it with ice and make a lemonade slushie.
- 5 Lemons
- 5 cups of Water
- 1 1/4 cups of Sugar
- Peel the rinds from the 5 lemons and cut them into half
- Put rinds in a bowl. Sprinkle sugar on them and let them stand for an hour.
- Bring water to a boil in a covered saucepan then pour hot water over the sugared rinds.
- Allow mixture to cool for 20 minutes then remove the rinds.
- Squeeze the lemons in another bowl.
- Pour juice through a strainer into the sugar mixture.
- Stir well. Place in pitcher in the fridge.
- Serve with ice cubes