I love doing a big bake at Christmas time and I will tell you this is one desert everyone loves!
If I don’t freeze a batch (hide it deep in the freezer) then there would be none for Christmas day!
If you make this recipe, come back and let me know how you liked it.
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 75 mini Rolo chewy caramels
- walnut halves for garnish (optional)
- Step 1: Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Step 2: In separate bowl, beat sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Step 3: Stir in flour/cocoa mixture.
- Step 4: Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Step 5: Shape about 1-1/2 tsp of dough around a mini Rolo, making sure Rolo is completely covered.
- (If you are using walnut halves just place them in a bowl and dip the ball of dough before you place it on the cookie sheet )
- Step 6: Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour in fridge
- Step 7: Bake 7-8 minutes at 375ºF.
- Step 8: Cool on wire rack.
- Makes 75 cookies
Come follow me: