Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is a great and easy recipe to try.
I enjoy making slow cooker recipes because I just pop it all into the slow cooker and go about my day.With electricity bills rising, I find it also cheaper to run the crock pot than the oven.
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe doesn’t have a crust to it. I make up a batch of buns to dip into it.
I added fresh carrots, celery, frozen peas and corn to my slow cooker first. I use whatever I have on hand when it comes to making this recipe. If I have fresh I use it, if not then I stick with frozen. The result is the same.
I precooked my chicken before adding it to the slow cooker. I often use left over chicken that we had the night before.
Add the soup, whipping cream and pepper.
That’s it! So simple.
I make this recipe and make up some for my husband while he is trucking on the road. This recipe also freezes up nice if you want to make batches of it for the winter.
- 1 whole chicken (Pre-cooked and shredded. I usually cook it on a day when I don't have much to do and then keep it in the fridge. Another fast way is buy a pre-cooked one.)
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 1/2 cups of diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. (I used low fat cans.)
- 2 cans of 1% milk (fill the cans up after you dump the soup into the slow cooker.)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream. (thickens up the soup.)
- Dice celery and peel and dice carrots. Place peas, corn, celery and carrots in slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top.
- Add soup, milk, whipping cream and pepper.
- Stir well to mix up the soup with the other ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- The last 15 minutes pop some buns in the oven to enjoy with the Chicken Pie Soup.
Items I used to make this recipe:
These are my affiliate links that help me to earn money for my growing family but do not cost you more by clicking on them. Thank you!
For another great recipe, check out 3 Ingredient Meatballs