*Affiliate links below. These links don’t cost you more if you purchase the items but helps me with supporting my growing family.*
I once had a Australian friend tell me she was having over a few people for dinner and had no idea what to make them.
I gave her this Spaghetti Bake recipe and she made two of them up for her friends. She loved it.
I do this recipe often for freezer cooking because I can make 2 or 3 of these at once and it doesn’t break the bank. It also freezes well.
- 1lb Ground Beef/Turkey or Chicken
- 2 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Sweet Pepper (diced)
- 2 Tomato optional or use a can of diced tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can or fresh mushrooms optional (sliced)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use marble)
- 1 package of spaghetti noodles (I use whole wheat or vegetable noodles.)
- Cook meat in frying pan until brown on medium heat.
- add any seasoning (I add onion powder, parsley and Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning)
- place vegetables in with the ground beef once it is browned.
- cook for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add spaghetti sauce
- heat sauce with ground beef and vegetables for 5 mins
- In a big pot boil water for spaghetti noodles
- Add noodles once water is boiled
- Cook for 10 mins
- Drain water from pot
- Take a roasting pan and place sauce mixture at bottom. (small layer)
- Add noodles to top of mixture
- Place rest of sauce on top
- Add Shredded cheese (covering meat mixture)
- Heat at 350 o F for 15 mins or until cheese is melted
- *** If you are using for freezer meal. Don't cook in oven until you are using it for a meal. Just wrap pan in aluminum foil. Mark the top so you know when and what it is and then place in fridge to cool down before placing in freezer. You will need to cook it without the cheese. Then add the cheese the last 10 minutes. Cook at 350oF for 35 minutes. (stir a few times to make sure it is thawed.) then add cheese.
These are the products I used while creating this recipe: