I love coming up with new recipes that I can make for my family that are good for us and also taste great. Since having my kidney transplant, I like making sure that we are eating the best for our bodies.
So yesterday, I decided that I would make Wrapless Refried Bean Burritos with Organic Spanish Style Rice from SEEDS OF CHANGE® with fresh vegetables from my garden. The SEEDS OF CHANGE® Spanish Style Rice is organic wholegrain rice with quinoa, red bell peppers and corn.
The best part? (Besides being organic) It heats up in the microwave for 90 seconds or on the stove for a few minutes. It isn’t often that ready-to-heat foods are good for you. While I don’t mind cooking, I love products that will heat up in no time for those nights that I don’t feel like cooking.
I cooked the SEEDS OF CHANGE® Spanish Rice in no time on the stove in no time on the stove. Mixed in the chopped vegetables and heated the refried beans. The whole meal took about 10 minutes for me to make and really is one I will make again. It was so good, I ate leftovers the next day for lunch.
GOODNESS FROM THE GROUND UP®
SEEDS OF CHANGE® has:
- NO Preservatives
- NO artificial colours
- NO artificial flavours
- IS Vegetarian Appropriate
SEEDS OF CHANGE® contains the finest organically grown ingredients. And is the ONLY ready-to-heat rice and grain brand available in Canada.
SEEDS OF CHANGE® also donates 1% of sales to support and develop sustainable community based gardening and farming programs worldwide.
In Canada, SEEDS OF CHANGE® worked with local partner Evergreen to identify 12 community gardens from coast to coast who need grant money to get their garden started and keep them going all season long.
SEEDS OF CHANGE® established in 1989 as a small organic seed company and evolved into a strong producer of organic foods.
As a mother and a citizen in a farming community, I like supporting a company like SEEDS OF CHANGE® because they support not only bringing healthy great tasting food to our homes but also helping those in our communities around the globe.
The Seeds of Change® Canada Facebook page is also a great resource for Canadians who are interested in growing or cooking with organic ingredients.
Win a trip to Prince Edward County, Ontario From SEEDS OF CHANGE®
SEEDS OF CHANGE® has partnered with celebrity chef and farmer Jamie Kennedy to offer a grand prize trip to Prince Edward County, Ontario to enjoy some recipes from the chef with SEEDS OF CHANGE® products and local produce.
- Five Grand Prizes that include travel for two to Prince Edward County from anywhere in Canada, Two Nights stay in nearby Toronto and $1000 CAD spending money.
- Contest from July 12, 2016 to August 14, 2016
- To enter, purchase a SEEDS OF CHANGE® product from your major grocery retailer and enter the package
- 1 package of Seeds of Change Spanish Style rice
- 2 Green Pepper (you can add 2 if you want more.)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 cup of light shredded cheese. (I used marble)
- Dice up tomatoes and peppers.
- Heat rice in pot for 90 seconds with 2 Tbsps of water.
- In a frying pan, add green peppers and tomatoes just warming them up while the rice is cooking.
- Place rice in with vegetables and turn pan on low.
- Heat up refried beans on stove or microwave.
- Place rice on plate and top with refried beans then add sour cream and top with shredded cheese.
- Optional: Salsa.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/SeedsofChangeCA.